World Fertilizer Conference
The World Fertilizer Conference draws hundreds of TFI members, industry professionals, and representatives from around the world who represent all sectors of the fertilizer industry. From the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic to deep dives into innovation, the economy, public policy, and more, the World Conference is fall's most important business and networking event for the global fertilizer industry.
Featuring Keynote Speaker John Sileo
John Sileo lost his million-dollar startup, his wealth, and two years of his life to cybercrime. The losses not only destroyed his company and decimated his life savings but consumed two years of young fatherhood as he fought to stay out of jail. John shares his story and hard-earned wisdom as a cybersecurity expert, award-winning author, 60 Minutes guest and keynote speaker for the Pentagon, Amazon, and thousands of audiences worldwide. President and CEO of The Sileo Group, a Colorado-based think tank, John graduated with honors from Harvard University and was recently inducted into the National Speakers Hall of Fame. John finds his greatest pleasure hiking in the Rocky Mountains with his amazing wife and strong daughters–the lovely family who helped him turn life’s lemons into something much sweeter and more fulfilling.
Please note: You must be registered for The World Fertilizer Conference to secure a discounted guest room at the Marriott Marquis Washington D.C. Once you register for the conference, a confirmation email will be sent with information on how to reserve rooms online or by telephone.
(individual and group registration available)
Early Bird (ends September 1, 2023):
Member Registration Fee: $1,375 per attendee
Non-Member Registration Fee: $2,975 per attendee
Member Registration Fee: $1,475 per attendee
Non-Member Registration Fee: $3,075 per attendee
Guest Fee: $75 per attendee
You must be a non-industry spouse/guest to receive the Guest Fee rate
Registration fees are complimentary for state associations. Please contact Valerie Sutton for more information.
The full registration fee includes:
- Attendance at all conference sessions
- Breakfast on Monday
- Coffee Lounge on Monday and Tuesday
- Welcome Reception
- Conference mobile app containing conference schedule, attendee list, suite list, and key conference information
Credit Cards: We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. Please provide your credit card number, expiration date, and credit card billing address. All credit card transactions are processed in U.S. dollars and subject to the current U.S. exchange rate.
International Attendees: For international attendees wishing to pay by another payment method, please contact Valerie Sutton at [email protected]. Please note: The Fertilizer Institute is not responsible for foreign check or wire transaction processing fees not included in the actual transfer. Attendees will be required to pay the fee if the check is not drawn on a U.S. bank or if a wire transaction processing fee is not included in the actual transfer.
Cancellations must be received via email to Valerie Sutton, [email protected] by August 15, 2023 for a refund of the registration fee (less 25% administrative fee). No telephone cancellations are accepted. After August 15, 2022, all registrations will be non-refundable. No-show attendees will not be refunded. Substitutions may be made by contacting TFI's conference department or on-site. Refunds for payments made by check will be processed within two weeks following the conference.
Registrations are not official until payment is received. A list of all registered delegates will be provided to registered and paid attendees only. Please note that your name, company, address, and email will appear exactly as you have indicated on your registration form. A final list of registered delegates will be available on the conference mobile app. No additional list of attendees will be provided during or after the conference.
Terms & Conditions
The TFI Registration Terms and Conditions apply to all registrants and your participation in the TFI Event (both in-person and virtual), regardless of whether your registration is submitted by you or your proxy. By registering, you accept these terms and conditions.
901 Massachusetts Ave NW
Washington, DC 20001
Reservation Cut-off Date: September 8, 2023. Discounted group rates are only available to those who register for the conference.
Please note: You must be registered for the World Fertilizer Conference to secure a discounted guest room. Once you register for the conference a web-based reservations link and telephone number will be provided in your confirmation email. Room rates do not include tax. To avoid an inconvenient billing of one night’s room and tax, you must cancel your room reservation 72 hours prior to your arrival date.
Beware of Housing Pirates
Please make sure to book your hotel directly with the Marriott Marquis Washington D.C. Beware of companies misrepresenting themselves as affiliated with TFI or the World Fertilizer Conference as TFI will not be able to assist you with any housing problems with reservations made through a third party. If you have further questions or concerns please contact Tiffany Ballow, Event Manager, [email protected]
Single/Double Occupancy: $312/per night
(plus applicable taxes and fees)
Requesting Ten or More Rooms?
Requests for blocks of ten or more rooms should be directed to Tiffany Ballow, Event Manager, [email protected]
Airport and Ground Transportation
Reagan National and Dulles airports both serve the D.C. area. Uber, Lyft, and local cab services provide ground transportation to and from the hotel.
Passport and Visa Information
A valid passport, and perhaps a visa, is required for entry into the United States. Attendees are encouraged to contact the nearest American Consulate for visa requirements applicable to them and start their application process. The State Department suggests applying for visas as early as possible.
You may need to request letters from TFI inviting you to attend and/or confirm your attendance in order to receive a visa. If the American Consulate in your country requires originals to be sent to you, please provide a credit card number to cover courier fees.
Once your registration fee has been paid, TFI will provide you with a letter of invitation to our 2023 World Fertilizer Conference along with a letter in support of your visa application. Our letters do not guarantee a visa will be issued nor do they act as an endorsement of you. In order to provide your support letter, we will require the following information:
- Full name as it appears on your passport
- Country of Issue
- Passport number and date of expiration
- Date of birth
- Complete organization name
- Job title and address
- Complete address of American Embassy where you are applying for the visa
These two letters will be e-mailed or faxed to you.
Suites and Meeting Rooms
Meeting Rooms Have Been Filled
Requests for suites must be directed to The Fertilizer Institute. The hotel cannot accept requests.
- TFI requests that all suites and meeting rooms are made through the online form.
- We cannot guarantee your first requested suite. In the comment column please note your second and third requested suite.
- Suites and meeting rooms will only be assigned to registered and paid conference attendees.
- We will not be able to accommodate seating requests for more than 6 people in suites. If you require more seating, please request a meeting room.
All individuals who work in the suite or meeting room and/or affiliated who will be attending meetings in the suite or meeting room must be registered for the conference.
- Members can secure suites at the hotel's per-night suite rate (plus taxes), with an additional flat rate booking fee of $300.
- All food, beverage, audiovisual equipment, upgraded wi-fi, and any other fees are the responsibility of the suite holder and are to be arranged through the hotel.
- Credit card deposits are required to confirm bookings with the hotel.
Meeting Room Fees
- Members can secure Meeting Rooms at the hotel's meeting room rental fee of $500 per room, per day plus taxes and fees. There is an additional flat rate booking fee of $300.
- All food, beverage, audiovisual equipment, upgraded wi-fi, and any other fees are the responsibility of the suite holder.
- Credit Cards deposits are required to confirm a booking with the hotel.
Suite Access and Scheduling
- Suite holders can check into their suite starting at 12:00 pm on the day of arrival. Check-out is no later than 3:00 pm on the last day
- If you require early check-in you must reserve the suite the night before.
- Companies are asked to schedule meetings in suites and meeting rooms AFTER the 9:00 am opening sessions on Monday and Tuesday.
- Suite and meeting room arrangements and payments are handled directly by the hotel.
- Suite and Meeting Room holders who request their locations be made public will have details posted on the Conference Mobile App and meter boards on the lobby level. No signs will be posted on individual suite doors. Provide the name of the company to be posted on the suite request form and when finalizing details with the hotel.
- If desired, beds can be removed from guest rooms for a fee of $150 USD.
- Please note: We will not be able to accommodate seating requests for more than 6 people in suites. If you require more seating, please request a meeting room.
- Suite and meeting room cancellation fees are dependent upon the hotel cancellation policy. Please contact TFI to make any cancellations.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Tiffany Ballow, [email protected]
Wednesday, October 4, 2023
Join us for an industry fly-in event on October 4th in conjunction with the TFI World Conference, where TFI members will have opportunities to meet directly with policymakers and their staff!
Make your voice heard on the issues that matter most to your company and industry.
In addition to the fly-in meetings, TFI will also host a Harvest Fest reception that evening in celebration of Global Fertilizer Day with the Congressional Fertilizer Caucus, which all fly-in participants are invited to attend.
7:30 – 9:30 am Breakfast & Advocacy Training
9:30 am Depart Marriott Marquis for Capitol Hill
Transportation provided by TFI
10:00 am – 5:00 pm Meetings on the Hill
Lunch on your own
5:00 – 7:00 pm Harvest Fest, Global Fertilizer Day Reception
Longworth House Office Building
For any inquiries on the Fly-In event, please contact Tom Lynch. [email protected]