World Fertilizer Conference 2020
The World Fertilizer Conference draws hundreds of TFI members, industry professionals, and representatives from around the world who represent all sectors of the fertilizer industry. From the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic to deep dives into innovation, the economy, public policy, and more, the World Conference is fall's most important business and networking event for the global fertilizer industry.
We have a range of sponsor opportunities available, please get in touch with TFI to learn more.
Covid-19 Update (Updated 7/2/20)
As health and safety remain our foremost priority, we continue to monitor all CDC, as well as federal and local government guidance closely. In addition, we are in discussion with the JW Marriott Indianapolis regarding their specific health and safety plans for sleeping/meeting rooms, food/beverage services, and more. Updated information will be posted as plans finalize. For information on Healthy Behaviors that Reduce Spread, please read the newest from the CDC.
Should the World Fertilizer Conference be canceled or postponed for any reason, full refunds will be issued.
Please note: You must be registered for The World Fertilizer Conference to secure a discounted guest room at the JW Marriott Indianapolis. Once you register for the conference, a confirmation email will be sent with information on how to reserve rooms online or by telephone.
(individual and group registration available)
Member Registration Fee:
$550 per attendee
$650 per attendee
Non-Member Registration Fee:
$995 per attendee
$75 per attendee
You must be a non-conference guest
Registration fees are complimentary for state associations. Please contact Valerie Sutton for more information.
The full registration fee includes:
- Attendance at all conference sessions
- Breakfast on Tuesday
- Coffee Lounge on Monday and Tuesday
- Welcome Reception
- Conference mobile app containing conference schedule, attendee list, suite list, and key conference information
Credit Cards, Checks, Wire Transfers, and ACH
Checks: Make checks payable to The Fertilizer Institute, drawn on a U.S. bank.
Wire Transfer: Please contact TFI at [email protected] for wire transfer information.
The name(s) of the attendees must appear on the check/wire transfer; all added processing fees will be charged to the issuer of the check/wire transfer.
Credit Cards: We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. Please provide your credit card number, expiration date, and the credit card billing address. All credit card transactions are processed in U.S. dollars and subject to the current U.S. exchange rate.
The Fertilizer Institute is not responsible for foreign check or wire transaction processing fees not included in the actual transfer. Attendees will be required to pay the fee if the check is not drawn on a U.S. bank or if a wire transaction processing fee is not included in the actual transfer.
Cancellations fees will be waived for the 2020 World Conference. Please notify TFI if you need to cancel so we can remove you from the attendee list and registration process. Substitutions may be made by contacting the conference department or at the conference. Email cancellation requests attention Valerie Sutton [email protected]
Registrations are not official until payment is received. A list of all registered delegates will be provided to registered and paid attendees only. Please note that your name, company, address, and email will appear exactly as you have indicated on your registration form. A final list of registered delegates will be available on the conference mobile app. No additional list of attendees will be provided during or after the conference.
TFI’s antitrust policy is included in your conference registration packet and on the conference app. Please review the document and contact TFI with any questions.
(as of 6.24.2020)
TFI will following the direction of the Indianapolis Mayor's office on COVID-19 Protocols and policies for gatherings. Our event schedule may change based on the number of people that can gather in one room, i.e. we may or may not hold the breakfast and receptions. Please check back to the website for updates or contact Mariana Gallo, Senior Director, Conferences at [email protected]
REGISTRATION OPENS JULY 6, 2020
JW Marriott Indianapolis
10 S West Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Soaring 33 stories above downtown, the JW Marriott Indianapolis boasts posh accommodations and intuitive amenities for an unrivaled stay in the heart of the city. Floor-to-ceiling windows provide stunning, panoramic views of the sweeping skyline, while natural light fosters an enriching atmosphere. At the end of a bustling day, relax and indulge in an evening libation at High Velocity, our on-site sports bar, before savoring classic Italian cuisine at OP Italian, our rustic-chic eatery open for all meals and featuring a stylish wine bar.
Reservation Cut-off Date: August 20, 2020. Discounted group rates are only available to those who register for the conference.
Please note: You must be registered for the World Fertilizer Conference to secure a discounted guest room at the JW Marriott Indianapolis. Once you register for the conference a web-based reservations link and telephone number will be provided in your confirmation email. Room rates do not include tax. To avoid an inconvenient billing of one night’s room and tax, you must cancel your room reservation 72 hours prior to your arrival date.
Beware of Housing Pirates
Please make sure to book your hotel directly with the JW Marriott Indianapolis. Beware of companies misrepresenting themselves as affiliated with TFI or the World Fertilizer Conference as TFI will not be able to assist you with any housing problems with reservations made through a third party. If you have further questions or concerns please contact Mariana Gallo, Senior Director, Conferences, [email protected]
Single/Double Occupancy: $159
Triple/Quadruple Occupancy: $159
(plus applicable taxes, currently 17%)
Hotel Cancellation Policy: Guest Room cancellations must be made no less than 72 hours prior to arrival. Any reservation that is not canceled and does not arrive will be charged one (1) night's room and tax to the guaranteed method of payment on the reservation.
Early Departure Fee: The hotel has an early departure fee of one (1) night's room and tax. Departure dates are reconfirmed at check-in and are subject to a fee if changed after the check-in process is complete.
Requesting Ten or More Rooms?
Requests for blocks of ten or more rooms should be directed to Mariana Gallo, Senior Director, Conferences, [email protected]
Affiliate Hospitality Suites and Meeting Room Rentals please refer to the Suite Tab above.
Dining and Activities Guide
Iconic Indy Eats: https://www.visitindy.com/indianapolis-indys-iconic-eats
Top 25 Dining Spots:https://www.visitindy.com/indianapolis-indys-top-25-local-restaurants
Top 10 Lists of Top 10 Things to Do: https://www.visitindy.com/indianapolis-top-ten-lists
Airport and Ground Transportation
There are several transportation options to the JW Marriott Indianapolis. Refer to Maps & Transportation for full details.
On-site parking, fee: $47 daily
Valet parking, fee: $52 daily
Self-parking is off Washington St past the Courtyard and SpringHill Suites hotels - 2nd entrance off of Maryland St
Passport and Visa Information
A valid passport, and perhaps a visa, is required for entry into the United States. Attendees are encouraged to contact the nearest American Consulate for visa requirements applicable to them and start their application process. The State Department suggests applying for visas as early as possible.
You may need to request letters from TFI inviting you to attend and/or confirm your attendance in order to receive a visa. If the American Consulate in your country requires originals to be sent to you, please provide a credit card number to cover courier fees.
Once your registration fee has been paid, TFI will provide you with a letter of invitation to our 2020 World Fertilizer Conference along with a letter in support of your visa application. Our letters do not guarantee a visa will be issued nor do they act as an endorsement of you. In order to provide your support letter, we will require the following information:
- Full name as it appears on your passport
- Country of Issue
- Passport number and date of expiration
- Date of birth
- Complete organization name
- Job title and address
- Complete address of American Embassy where you are applying for the visa
These two letters will be e-mailed or faxed to you.
Suites and Meeting Rooms
To ensure all participants have a successful conference TFI has established policies and procedures for requesting and managing the suites.
Keeping it Healthy and Safe as We Meeting, Suite Guidelines:
- Limit number of people in your suite so to properly socially distance 4’ to 6’ apart:
Executive Suite, maximum people is 4
Hospitality Suite, maximum people is 8
Presidential Suite, maximum people is 12
Meeting Rooms, maximum people is 8
- All host and guests must wear masks
- Please avoid hand shaking
- Please allow 30 minutes between meetings for you to wipe down surfaces, we suggest keeping your door slightly open for air flow
TFI will provide you with sanitized wipes to wipe down tables, chairs and counter tops
The Hotel will provide pump soap and hand sanitizer
- The Hotel is the only allowed food service for suite and meeting rooms
Beverages are cold, pre packaged water, soda, ice-tea only, no self-serve coffee or pitchers of cold drinks
Food items are pre packaged
- Housekeeping will clean the suite each night after 5pm. If you require trash removal, etc. during the day, please call housekeeping.
Above all, if you are not feeling 100% or one of your guest is not feeling 100%, please contact Mariana Gallo, Senior Director, Conferences, TFI, [email protected]
Requests for suites must be directed to The Fertilizer Institute. The hotel cannot accept requests.
- All requested suites and meeting rooms are to be made through the online form.TFI will not honor requests emailed to the conference team.
- TFI Members have the first choice of suites.
- We cannot guarantee your first requested suite. In the comment column please note your second and third requested suite.
- Suites and meeting rooms will only be assigned to registered and paid conference attendees.
- All individuals who work in the suite or meeting room and/or affiliated who will be attending meetings in the suite or meeting room must be registered for the conference. GROUP DISCOUNTS are available on the online registration form.
- Members can secure suites at the hotel's per-night suite rate (plus taxes), with no additional booking fee from TFI.
- Non-members can secure suites at the hotel's per-night suite rate (plus taxes), PLUS an additional $2,800 one-time booking fee from TFI.
- All food, beverage, audiovisual equipment, upgraded wi-fi, and any other fees are the responsibility of the suite holder.
- Credit card deposits are required to confirm bookings with the hotel.
Meeting Room Fees
- Members can secure Meeting Rooms at the hotel's meeting room rental fee of $500 per room, per day (plus taxes), with no additional booking fee from TFI.
- Non-members can secure suites at the hotel's meeting room rental fee of $500 per room, per day (plus taxes), PLUS an additional $1,800 one-time booking fee from TFI.
- All food, beverage, audiovisual equipment, upgraded wi-fi, and any other fees are the responsibility of the suite holder.
- Credit Cards deposits are required to confirm a booking with the hotel.
Suite Access and Scheduling
- Suite holders can check into their suite starting at 1:00 pm on the day of arrival. Check-out is no later than 2:00 pm on the last day
- If you require early check-in you must reserve the suite the night before.
- Companies are asked to schedule meetings in suites and meeting rooms AFTER the 9:00 am opening sessions on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Suite and meeting room arrangements and payments are handled directly by the hotel. Full contact information is listed on the form.
- Suite and Meeting Room holders who request their locations be made public will have details posted on the Conference APP, meter boards on the lobby level, and on the guest room floor. No signs will be posted on individual suite doors. Provide the name of the company to be posted on the suite request form and when finalizing details with the hotel.
- Beds can not be removed from guest rooms.
- Suites canceled after September 7, 2020 will be charged a one-night cancellation fee, plus booking fees owed to TFI; meeting rooms will be charged a one-day rental fee.
If you have questions or need assistance please contact Mariana Gallo, Senior Director, Conferences, [email protected].
Tabletop exhibit space is available for TFI members only and on a complimentary basis. Space is limited and will be assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. All requests for exhibit space must be made no later than August 14, 2020. Confirmation and table assignments, along with an exhibitor prospectus, will be sent to exhibitors no later than August 23, 2020.
Please contact Valerie Sutton at [email protected]